Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My vegetable debacle and catching up on project 365

So this morning, Reese is home sick from school with the "congestione" aka the common cold. She was really congested yesterday and I was going to get the doctor to come today but she actually sounds better this morning, just not well enough to go spread it around at school!!! And yes.....here in Italy doctor's still make house calls, old school style! Its awesome :)

The vegetable man stops his truck here at 9am every Tuesday and I'm told his vegetables and fruit are awesome so this weekend we didn't buy any produce at the grocery store, the plan was I'd get it from the vegi man. Its chilly and pouring rain here today, I bundle Reese up, try to get her into the stroller while holding an umbrella over her(yes you can imagine how well that worked out for me) then I'm walking towards the exit of the complex, trying to hold the umbrella over Reese and push the stroller at the same time. Yeah, I'm not coordinated enough to do that. So Reese's feet/legs are getting soaked, its cold out, I'm getting soaked. So I stopped just before the gate and turned around because clearly it was a really stupid idea to go take my sick child outside to get vegetables in the pouring rain. Sometimes I think my brain might not actually work first thing in the morning. We are now dry and warm in the house, with no vegetables. *sigh* Guess Richard will have to stop on his way home.

Here are the Project 365 pictures since the last one I posted!!!!!

This is Reese's new scooter. She ADORES it!! Between that and her bike I'm certainly not concerned about her getting exercise!
Reese is growing sunflowers, strawberries and cherry tomatoes :) So far only her sunflowers are starting to sprout!!!
This was at a baby shower we went to that day :)


Reese having fun with her very washable markers!!
Yeah, I just love how she's holding the forceps in this picture!!! Future surgeon??
Another to add to my Italian Housewife series
It was nail painting day in our house, we have matching fingers and toes! Reese was VERY excited about having painted nails :)
Sunday morning goodness. Richard's milky tea on the left, Reese's hot chocolate in an espresso cup in the middle and my black coffee on the right!
Our Valentines Day fun!!! We made paper Valentines and wrote all over them, then we made heart shaped Valentine cookies. Reese also delivered her valentines to the dogs and gave them treats. The car is from Daddy, its the limited edition Barbie Fiat 500!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP