Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Italy- the clothing rules

I am the worst blogger ever!!!! Seriously I haven't even finished editing the pictures from Sicily yet! I will tell you one funny thing about life in Italy right now though. So this weekend it was +25C, which where I'm from in Canada is summer. Well everyone here is still walking around in toques and scarves, coats and sweaters!!!!!! I am NOT KIDDING they look like they are sweating to death. Apparently its all because there is a magical date in Italy and you DO NOT put your winter wardrobe away before that date no matter how hot it gets or you'll get the dreaded "congestione"!! Now I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that stifling yourself up in as many layers as possible in +25 and sunny weather will absolutely weaken your constitution and give you the "congestione!" They look absolutely RIDICULOUS!

They look at us like we're insane though because we're in t-shirts and shorts and dresses with no sweaters or coats. The looks I get are of alarm and worry for Reese, like I'm this awful mother who lets her child out in shorts at +25!
I feel like running around with a sign on me saying "Sono Canadese!" As in, this is as good as it gets sometimes in Calgary!!!
I honestly just can not get over it, it is the strangest thing! I've been told that on or about the 1st of May is the magical date that they can all shed their layers and bring out the summer wardrobe.

Apparently "dressing for the weather" is a totally foreign concept in Italy ;)

1 comments:

Jenn B April 17, 2011 at 5:15 AM  

Love your logo ... so cute! I think you would be a great professional photographer. I'd hire you! Love seeing Italy through your eyes. Can't wait to go there someday.

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP