Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Richard has made it to Milan, already having phone issues!!

So Richard made it to Milan and sent me the number to call his hotel room. It just rang and rang with no answer for me and didn't ring at all on his end!! So then he gave me the number to the front desk and I called that twice and no answer. Now we're trying to get the phone card working from the other end so he can call me. Ahhhhh European phone systems.
Just spoke to Richard, despite me telling him numerous times that he needed a 1 Euro coin to get a luggage trolley in Milan airport he arrived without one and the change machine was broken(as apparently it usually is!) and he had to haul all four of his gigantic bags through customs and out to the taxis all by himself...yuck.
We were warned NOT to take the guys standing by the airport doors' taxis. So he went and found the official taxi stand. It was a 35 Euro trip to the hotel and he's all checked in and ready to go.
Tomorrow he is meeting our estate agent in the afternoon to look at places one of the other guys Ken is tagging along too. Can't wait to hear how that goes!!!!
Looks like we've potentially sold a few more things off our list, not sure about the car though. Someone is interested and said they'd get back to me tonight with an offer. Hopefully its over what we want or I'll have to say no!!! ahhhhhh the joys of selling off all of your worldly goods :)
Richard is going to take pictures of the places they are looking at tomorrow so hopefully I'll get an email full tomorrow night.
Its hot in Calgary tonight, but apparently its BRUTAL in Milan!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP