Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Dogs vs Airlines CHAOS

So I call KLM last week to confirm that the dogs can fly with me on the flight that has ALREADY been booked and they tell me that there is a travel embargo on for pets in the hold until September 15th.......

Really??

So why didn't the KLM girl I talked to a few weeks ago when we were deciding which airline to fly MENTION this to me when we were talking about the Calgary-Milan flights going in August!?!?!?! Seriously, all I want is for people to do their jobs properly!!! Thank god Richard's work books fully refundable and changeable flights!!!

SOoooooo, Richard and Reese fly out at 18:05 from Calgary-Milan with KLM via Amsterdam and land in Milan Malpenza airport, and I fly out at 1:35 from Calgary-Milan with Lufthansa via Frankfurt and land in Milan Linate airport. It is FAR from ideal but the other option would be to ship the dogs cargo and it would cost about $2000 more. Since we have to pay for Reese and the dogs to fly out there as per the agreement then we are going the cheapest route no matter how much of a pain in the ass its going to be!!!

Plus side...I get to fly business class on the long haul flight by myself. Reese will be flying with Richard because the taxes were a LOT cheaper in economy class!!!

*SIGH* now the drama of the day is trying to figure out if a vet needs to see them in Frankfurt airport since it is their first touchdown in the EU. I *think* they are going to have to see the EU certified vet in Milan which could be easier said than done. So I'm now employing the pet relocation people to help me and "consult" and find me a person in Milan who will meet me at the airport with a van and help me get the dogs through, certified and home.
We'll see how it goes :)

1 comments:

CARROT aka Karen August 11, 2010 at 5:48 AM  

omg Rachel...sounds almost as lovely as a fire alarm in Vancouver!!!! Soon you will be settled in Milan and loving it and all the hassle and stress will be fading memories :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP