Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vorrai sei francobolli per il Canada per favore!!!

I'm not kidding when I tell you that I repeated that phrase ALL the way from Basiglio to Milano 3 and I STILL had to look at it just before I went into the post office to say

"I would like six stamps for Canada please"

BUT.....I did manage to get my six Canadian stamps, and seven to the UK, AND pay....all without speaking a word of English. I was pretty freaking proud of myself!!!!

Big day here in Basiglio today, you guessed it, the local grocery store re-opened after some major renovations. I got a free carrier bag for shopping there today, VERY exciting!!!! It is pretty exciting in my world actually because it means I can get some groceries during the day when Richard has the car at work. Well, we actually don't have a car anymore since Ken got here yesterday and his rental car is now back with him. We would LIKE to buy a cheap car but in order to do that the official lease paperwork needs to come back from the office in Madrid, be signed by our rental agent and our landlord(both of whom are currently on vacation...its August) and then Richard takes it to the town office in Basiglio and they have to do more paperwork to grant him a residency permit(which we've been assured he will get because he's living in Basiglio and is an EU citizen. Once THAT paperwork comes back then we can buy a car and register it. So it might be another month or so before all that happens!!!!! We're thinking of renting a car during that time but we're going to see how it goes.

It was really hot here today, I think it was around 29 or 30 Celcius, but with the humidity they said it felt like 36 C. I turned on the AC in the house because I was MELTING!!!

Sky Italia is supposed to come tomorrow to hook up the TV. We got my laptop working on our tv here so we can watch true blood and things from the slingbox that is hooked up to my mom's cable!!!!

Rowena STILL hasn't moved.

I think that's all I have to report today!!!

2 comments:

Unknown August 26, 2010 at 1:08 AM  

Finally got all caught up on our blog this afternoon.... you had a flurry of posting all at once and I got a little behind!!!
Everything looks FABULOUS..... except for that spider..... dude, you totally gotta relocate her before she ends up in your bed!!!!!!! :)
Sending you guys lots of LOVE xoxoxo

Andrea August 26, 2010 at 6:31 AM  

Rowena needs to be relocated into the paddy fields!! very hot here today I think 30/31. love you and miss you tons!!

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP