Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 20, 2010

The stereotype is true!

There ARE an overwhelming amount of old men in wife beaters riding old school bicycles here :) I swear they are everywhere!!!!  Yesterday Reese and I took a walk down to Milano 3 on the bike paths. Really beautiful and Milano 3 is gorgeous. I saw my sporting club that I want to join but haven't gone for a tour yet.  About 80% of the people who passed me on bikes were little old men, some solo and some riding in a pair with another little old man. Its so cute!!!!
Reese and I had our first interaction with the locals. The little girl at the park asked me what Reese's name was and I managed to answer! SCORE ROCKET ITALIAN COURSE!!!! hahhaha, then she clearly heard my appalling accent and asked if I was Italian, nope chiquita....canadese. Must have gotten that across because she smiled, leaned down to Reese and said..."Oh....HELLO!!!" hahaha and that was the end of that. Bought Reese a bed in Ikea and the girl explained in very slow, simple Italian what we had to do to pick it up, with lots of gestures!! hahaha and we actually understood the gist of it :)

They are big into recycling here, so there are about five different colors to "sort your garbage into" But get this, garbage in the black bins are picked up tues, thurs, sat. Plastics and cans on tuesday, bottles on tuesdays and sat, yard waste on wed and paper on tuesdays and thursdays.....got that???? yeah I have a cheat sheet by the fridge and I'm going to have to check it often I think!!!
Hey, at least they recycle though right!!!!

Its Friday today so we are planning what to do this weekend! AHHHHHHH where do we even start!?!?! I think we're going to take a drive out to the coast and play on the beach one day and then go into Milan the other day. I can't WAIT to go to Venice!!!!!!!

AND...we're all about trying the local wines(come on...we're in ITALY!!! Its practically a MUST) and last night our wine choice was terrible!!! It was like a red wine spritzer.....fizzy red wine. NOT good!! Guess thats what you get for buying wine for 3 Euros!!! Don't worry people, we're weeding them all out for you so that by the time we get guests we should have some sort of good wine lined up!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP