Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 10, 2010

No, Non, Nein, Nada....I do NOT want the bracelet that you are selling

So yesterday Reese and I ventured into Milan since it was such a lovely day. I decided I was going to drive and find Abbiategrasso station which we thought was near Milano Fiore. Yeah, well its nowhere near Milano Fiore!!! Its a few kilometers away from there actually and it also has no parking garage attached to it so I had to abandon that plan and drive to Famagosta station which I know has parking but which I could not for the life of me FIND!!!! So I ended up parking on this side street and praying that I wouldn't get towed!!! Made it into Milan and found this boutique store that I am absolutely in LOVE with
Luisa Beccaria
 However I'm pretty sure a dress from there would cost me an arm and a leg and would throw off my budgeting for getting a new camera lens and eventually a new camera for years!!! I can stare in the windows and drool though.
 Went to Milan castle, it was pretty, but was definitely not the prettiest castle I've ever been to(Yup totally spoiled for castles when your family is from the UK!) Took some pictures and tried to fend off the overwhelming number of West Afican guys who were selling bracelets and other stuff. They try to get you to take one or tie one on your wrist so that you then have to pay them and I imagine they put up quite a fuss if you refuse to do that so that you would just pay them to shut them up!!! WELL...I wasn't having any of that so I gave the first guy my best get away from my child before I go mama bear on your butt look... and walked away. From then on when they spoke to me in Italian, French and then English I just pretended I didn't know what they were saying and smiled and walked away! It was just Reese and I though and they made me a little nervous, so our trip to the castle was cut short. We went and had drink in a sidewalk cafe instead. So as usual, here are some pictures of the castle!!! And one really old, really cool church
in the square near Marc Jacobs.
This is the Santa Maria del Carmine
 


Fountain outside the castle


























1 comments:

Rachel September 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

What the heck did I do to my pictures in this post!?!?! oh well, I'm too lazy to fix them :)

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP