Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Play school

So it seems that pretty much every kid over the age of two in this village goes to play school!!! At home they don't usually start until 4, and I'd heard it was around 3 in Europe. I resisted at first since its 3 mornings a week,  but the more I think about it, the more it sounds like a good idea. Reese would have the same little kids in her class so she'd have some consistency, she'd have an outlet for playing with other kids, she'd learn Italian since some of the activities are done in Italian, and I would have some free time to take Italian classes.
SO...we're going today at 2:30 for a tour and to find out what happens etc.
I'm really not ready for this but I think it will be so good for Reese!!!!

1 comments:

Paula McW September 16, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Rachel, it really will be good for her. In Calgary, you can start preschool 3 times a week at the age of 3. I wasn't sure if I should do it with Lochlan, but I did start him with it last September so that he would have some experience being without me before we moved to Oz...when we got here, and they don't start most kindergarten programs until 4, I thought I would just keep Lochlan at home with me and Keane...but then he kept saying to me, "Mama when do I get to go to a new school?", so I convinced a kindy here to let him in, and he's doing so well...loves it!
I'm sure she will love it! And you too!

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP