Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Galleria Ferrari- Maranello, Italy

We drove two hours from our house down to the Galleria Ferrari in Maranello. It was mostly Autostrada all the way so it wasn't too bad of a drive. As you pull into Maranello the HUGE Ferrari factory is right in front of you. Seriously the whole town is Ferrari. There are Ferrari workers walking everywhere in their trademark red uniforms and jumpsuits!!!
There are Ferraris driving on the streets, the symbol is all over the place. We parked and seriously had not been out of the car more than a minute when the go-getters swooped in. "Want to test drive a Ferrari?"
Why yes I would, but I don't want to pay your insane fees and if I do test drive one I want to be on a track!!!! I would not enjoy myself driving around the streets of Maranello wondering if a random Italian was going to smash into me at any second.
The Galleria was great, however I will say that I expected more cars. I also expected there to be some place that you could sit in a Ferrari and check it out, or have your picture taken and there wasn't.
We had some lunch at the cafe, a coffee and then spent about 1.5 hours wandering around the Galleria.Worth a visit if you're a Ferrari fan :)

One of the old school ones!

World Champion in the 50's

They were so different looking!!!

Me being artistic! It had every model of Ferrari race car from the beginning to present.

More artsy stuff :)

In the Ferrari "pit" area of the museum

Ferrari Pit Stop

Cars and the track picture at the end of the room

The Control Station

Lynn and Reese checking it out

More race cars!!

The inside of the fuel injection system(at least that's what Richard #2 told me it was, I would have no idea!!)

GO CANADA GO!!!!! Kind of cool that Gilles Villeneuve's car was there :)

LOVE- So awesome

Seriously I just wanted to jump in one!!!!

This is the size of the Ferrari factory compared to the town, it was GIGANTIC

The Hall of Fame-Ferrari style

Yeah...they had a lot of trophies :)

It was a really crazy set up, the sayings on the screens kept changing. The one I liked said
"We don't sell cars, we sell dreams"

artsy pic

You all know it, you might not all love it though :)

The newer cars gallery

All I could focus on with this car was the awful seat covers...I know, such a girl ;)

I would however gladly take this one, even if it had ugly seat covers!!!!!! I think this was my second choice car :)

Wind tunnel model car

Not entirely sure what this was on, but I liked it.

I like this old one too!!!

and now my #1 Choice :) The Enzo. It was beautiful, I wish I could have one!!!!

I wasn't too sure about this one, its a totally different style than the rest. the 599X I think?

All the colours you can get your Ferrari in, with interior color choice too.

 Dear Santa: I would like a Ferrari Enzo in this red color please, but with a dark grey interior. That's right, I'm picky.

Reese-safely contained in her stroller so she didn't do something truly spectacular like key one of the Ferraris or knock something into one of them. Which would have been HORRIFIC. So she was safely in her stroller the entire trip!!!!!

Yup, I'm not quite kissing it since the signs say do not touch and the security guard was watching quite closely........Those two guys are like oh my god what is that chick doing!?!?! I think the red looks quite  good near me......Ahhhh just imagine how great it would be if I was actually IN the car!!! hahahaha

The statue  of Ferrari outside the Galleria...no security guards, so we get me in one of my "non-traditional" tourist pictures!!! hahaha

Yeah Reese wasn't as excited about the car as I was :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
Milan, Italy
I am 34 years old, married to my wonderful husband Richard and mother to a beautiful 8 year old daughter named Reese. We lived in the suburbs of Calgary until January 2010 where I worked as an ER Nurse. Then my husband was transferred to Vancouver for a 6 month temporary project. Our blog Tripping over the Sidewalk told all about our adventure living on the 30th floor of an apartment building in the middle of downtown Vancouver. Then we moved to Milan, Italy for 18 months, Ciao-Eh was the online forum for our Italian adventures. We moved to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates in January 2012 and lived there for two and a half years. Sandscrapers, Souks and Sand is the blog of our adventures in the Middle East! We are now happy to be back on a little acreage just outside of Calgary where I'm sure more adventures await!!!!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP